I was prompted to post this by a discussion I had with one of my friends last night. I was up all night afterwards thinking about it and I couldn't get to sleep as my adrenaline was rushing the entire time. So, here are the things I'm most hateful of right now. It may get a bit long but bear with me.
1. Rich Fucks Who Don't Give a Shit-These are the fucks who walk around on the street past all of the homeless and needy begging for even a fucking penny, and spend $350 on Victoria's Secret or Banana Republic then walk home past those same bums and spit on them, or look at them disgustedly. "Don't touch me. My shoes cost more money than you have you lazy, dirty, idiotic, uneducated, ugly homeless man with your dirty, ugly wife and your dirty, disgusting, poor, lazy children." Fuck you, bitch. You need to get a damn clue about life. Someday, I hope you have to live in the sewers drinking people's piss and eating their shit for sustenance. It's what you deserve.
2. Rich Fucking Money Hoarders- You know these people. They're the ones with trillions of dollars and they don't give a cent of it to anyone. Some of them do give to charities...as long as those charities shout about how great those people are and make them look good for giving away money. Bill Gates has 50 billion dollars. Fifty billion dollars?! I don't even know what I would do with a single billion dollars let alone fifty times that. If you aren't content with one billion dollars, you can go fuck yourself you greedy bastard. You don't even deserve a cent of it if that's the case. Honestly, if Gates, Paul Allen, Rupert Murdoch (you fucking dick), Warren Buffet and the other 100 richest Europeans gave half of their money either to charities or to homeless people, we could wipe out homelessness, hunger and/or poverty. But no, God forbid anyone become equal. Why should poor people get any of the rich people's money when the rich obviously worked soooooo hard to get it and the poor people are obviously soooooo lazy. Get a damn clue.
3. Rich Fucks Who Don't Understand Life- These are those idiots that have grown up rich, or have been rich so long that they have forgotten what money is. You see, they go to the mall or wherever it is that they like to throw money away at, but they don't spend money. Oh no, they use one of the 400 credit cards that they have. You do realize you have to actually use money to pay for it anyway don't you? That isn't just an unlimited line of credit you have there. You have to pay it off. But they don't they just use another credit card to pay off the previous one and so on and so forth. Then they die and leave all of their children/grandchildren/great grandchildren/ 200 generations of children saddled with their millions of credit card debt. Which leads to my next point.
4. Credit Card Companies- Should be banned and all of their CEO's drawn and quartered. They've ruined so many lives its unbelievable. All for the sake of becoming one of those rich fucks who don't care about a damn thing. Go to them with your sob story, "Yeah too bad. You owe us 100k. Don't got it. We'll be taking your house and your car and your children to sell into slavery." And quit sending me invitations to join the debtors club!
5. Indentity Theives-The only worse criminals are murderers, child molesters and abuser, rapists and terrorists. The punishment for identity theft should be right up there with the punishment for those crimes. These people are scum. They have no regard for the human element of their crimes. Don't they realize the effect they're having on people's lives? A lot of people are never able to recover from having their identity stolen and their credit rating FUBAR'ed.
6. Virus Makers- Lastly, people that make these things for the fun of spreading them around and fucking up everyone's computers, forcing them to spend money to fix it or buy a new one. What is with people? Why do they want to ruin everything? I really just want to take all of my money out of banks and stash it away, get rid of my credit cards (in the works), and retreat from society with my friends and family. Never use the internet or a computer for that matter, never watch television, buy anything without using cash, etc.
Anyway, that's my list for now. They're the six things at the top of my list at the moment. There are more, and I'm sure they'll get to me later, but for now this is it. Anything you'd like to add to this list, feel free. Thanks for reading this long ramble.
I had to post before I even read the whole thread, there's just so many posts here. But I have some thoughts, some of which may have been expressed before but I feel the need to say my opinion on a whole range of matters anyway.
People have mentioned the animal kingdom/nature many times. I agree with them. Apes fight wars against each other and fight for dominance in the group. A male lion takes over a pride and kills all the young cubs so he can start over and produce his own offspring. Native Americans fought wars quite regularly. You see, without violence, what would we have? A dead planet basically. Nature set things up in its way and humans are fucking that up. I agree, senseless violence is terrible, but there is definitely a place for violence on Earth. For instance, bacteria and our cells are constantly fighting each other. Without it, humans would have overpopulated the Earth and been extinct long ago. Animals kill plants so they can eat. Animals kill each other so they can eat, which also has the added benefit of preventing overpopulation by the prey species. Since the beginning of time, violence has existed and that's the way nature likes it. In fact, warfare may be a natural activity for humanity as it also takes its toll on our population and prevents us from getting out of hand. On a last note to this point, I don't think lions and tigers play violent video games or watch violent movies.
Secondly, what would you suggest we do with our time instead of engaging in video game playing, movie watching and sports playing? Obviously, since some on this thread have expressed their feeling that violent sports and games are unnecessary, what are we to do with our time? Shall we spend all of our time gardening? Reading cheesy romance novels? Masturbating? Drawing pretty rainbows? Any assertion on this board that violence is completely wrong in all regards and aspects of its existence are...well...completely out of their minds and have failed to truly think through the consequences of a lack of violence in our world.
I need help. Honestly, I have no clue what to do. I feel so overwhelmed by all the shit that is conspiring to keep me down. This isn't a complaint post alright? This is a plea for help and advice and reassuring that I desperately need right now, even from complete strangers. Because I'm getting help from family and friends, but sometimes you need advice from other people with different experiences to put a different perspective on things.
Recently, I've been questioning almost every major decision I've ever made and I'm not normally one to question myself. Why did I decide to go to college and waste my time for nothing but $40,000 in student loans that I'll have to pay off? It seems like a worse and worse decision every day. It seems less and less like it's going to help me in life and more and more like it's going to kill me.
How will I get a job that will allow me to pay the rent, utilities, dental, medical and food bills while still affording me enough money to pay off the ridiculous loans that I owe to this government I despise? Why the fuck should I even pay them? I hate them and everything they do. They think they're helping people with these fucking loans? I don't fucking think so. They need to be god damn grants. For fuck's sake, I'm going to owe close to $1,000 a month just in loan payments. That's really helping me escape my impoverished life.
Before anyone says, "Welcome to the real world" or "That's life" let me just say one more thing. If that's life and the real world, then fuck that. I don't want any part of it. If a government can't even provide for the needs of its citizens, then fuck that. I don't want to be a part of it. The real world needs to shape the fuck up. Before anyone says "I used to be an idealist. Then I matured and found out it's easier to change yourself than it is to change everyone else" fuck you. If that's maturity, I wish it a quick but painful death. Too much emphasis on maturity is killing us. Let's have some fucking fun. Otherwise, what's the damn point?
Wake up everyday and eat breakfast (maybe) then go to work or school and eat lunch (maybe) then come home and eat dinner while watching T.V. and spending maybe two hours with people we like before we go to bed and sleep so we can be refreshed for the next morning when we have to do the same shit all over again? Sorry to say, that ain't life and that ain't living. If that's the life I have to look forward you might as well shoot me now cause I'm already halfway to dead.
But I need you help DU. I need you to help me avoid that. I need you to tell me how the hell I'm going to escape that life. Cause right now, I'm constantly stressed out, I'm having sleeping problems and I feel like this incredible burden has hefted onto my weak shoulders and I'm wilting. I'm being crushed. I just need some help pushing myself back up. Right now, I don't feel very optimistic.
Please. And thank you.
I've always supported Israel because I've always seen the series of wars the Arab states launched against Israel were totally unjustified. Lately, my position has shifted slightly.
First, we can thank the Allies for part of this mess as they had promised the land Israel now occupies to the Palestinians prior to WW2. However, without even so much as a "Sorry guys, there's been a little change of plans" they decide that since the Jews suffered so heavily under Hitler, they can take the land that was already promised to someone else. That's one point that made me shift my stance to a more moderate one and support the Palestinian goal as equally as I support Israel.
Now for the actualy discussion of the current bloodshed over there. I can't understand why Hezbollah would think it was cool to run across the border and nab some military personnel. There is no reason to do that. It is an unprovoked attack upon Israeli military personnel. However, as much as I support the right of Israel to protect its borders, what they are doing now is completely out of hand and disproportionate. There is no need to launch an attack against a sovereign nation because a few soldiers were killed or kidnapped.
Yes, Hezbollah is a terrorist organization based out of Lebanon. However, Lebanon has nothing good to say about Hezbollah, nor do they condone the actions taken by Hezbollah. The Israelis currently are killing more innocent Lebanese people than they are anyone from Hezbollah. This is akin to attacking a country because of some cult inside the country without actually declaring war upon the government of that country. As far as I know, that's a violation of international law.
To conclude this post, I do not condone the actions of either side in this conflict. I realize that Hezbollah is a terrorist organization and I most certainly do not promote terrorism as an effective means of communication. But, neither do I believe Israel is acting rationally about the situation they're being faced with. I just want people to be clear that my criticizing the actions of the Israelis does NOT mean I approve of or support Hezbollah.
I enjoy the fact that with all this education on Jefferson and the Founding Fathers, there's always an important part of Jefferson everyone misses...
Jefferson was in favor of revolutions taking place every 20 years just to keep the government honest and on its toes. Obviously, things didn't work out that way, but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way. 200+ years...there are a lot of missed revolutions....
The ten most recent threads posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums.
FL GOP tries to close state pension system to new workers, yet take THEIR pension at 2X accrual rate
FL GOP denies $51 billion federal Medicaid to poor, yet order cheap health care for themselves
Happy Mother's Day
I love DU2!
Florida Senate President Don Gaetz (R) ran company now accused of Medicaid fraud (Rick Scott redux)
Mediterranean diet cuts risk of heart dis-ease
By No Elephants
The ten most recommended threads posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums in the last 24 hours.
Use the tools below to keep track of updates to this Journal.