Republican Party in Shambles John LeBoutillier Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2006
The results are still coming in, but here is a quick analysis:
1) George W. Bush has been resoundingly rejected by the American people. His arrogance, cockiness, smirk, and condescension have turned off 60 percent of the American people.
2) Iraq has ruined the Republican Party — and the Bush presidency. The people are sick of it and want a change — pronto.
3) The Neoconservatives have infected the Republican Party and the conservative movement — and their influence needs to be reduced in order for us to regain our inherent support around the country.
9 ) If you read this column you know we have been dead-on for seven years about how the Bushes would take the GOP and the conservative movement right over the cliff. And they have.
10) And we have been constant, too, about how Iraq was a disastrous mistake that need not have happened, and how arrogant, ignorant Bush and his "team" have severely damaged our country for decades to come.
11) And these arrogant in-the-tank-for-Bush radio hosts who do nothing but read the Rove-fed Talking Points: maybe they should try thinking for themselves for a change, eh? Claiming that "early voting and absentee ballots were breaking for the GOP" last week was patented nonsense! How would anyone know how votes are breaking before they are counted?
Important Notices: By registering on this website,
visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules
page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums and
Journals are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily
represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.