HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Abbott gives green light ...

Mon May 18, 2020, 11:15 PM

Abbott gives green light to day care, bars, bowling, youth sports and summer camp

Gov. Greg Abbott Monday unveiled his plans for an accelerated return to a semblance of normal life Monday, immediately reopening child care centers, Scouting and other youth clubs, as well as massage, tattoo, piercing and other personal services, with a limited reopening of bars, bingo halls and bowling alleys Friday, when restaurants will be allowed to go from quarter to half capacity.

Abbott said that while bars, craft breweries and wine tasting rooms will be limited to 25% capacity, “those capacity limits do not apply to outdoor areas that maintain safe distancing.”

With an eye to summer, Abbott also announced that as of May 31, Boy Scout, 4-H, Vacation Bible and all other day and overnight summer camps can reopen, as well as youth sports program, like Little League, at which he said, “parents will be able to spectate as along as appropriate social distancing is followed.”

“Also, professional sports can return on May, the 31st,” Abbott said. “That includes pro-golf, auto racing, baseball, , softball, tennis, football and basketball.”

Read more: https://www.statesman.com/news/20200518/abbott-gives-green-light-to-day-care-bars-bowling-youth-sports-and-summer-camp

2 replies, 420 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Abbott gives green light to day care, bars, bowling, youth sports and summer camp (Original post)
TexasTowelie May 18 OP
lark May 19 #1
LeftInTX May 19 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue May 19, 2020, 10:58 AM

1. Abbott is a fucking nutcase and a danger to the people in his state.

Most of my TX relatives are trumpers and will probably not social distance and will congregate unsafely. There are a few who are lots smarter than that and none of us are spring chickens so I worry for them. I will have to check in with a few and see if they are still "safer alone". Regardless of what our stupid RW state governors do, we have to try our best to stay safe. Living in FL, we are still wearing masks and staying at home except for essential trips and hubby's work.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue May 19, 2020, 02:44 PM

2. Disgusting...day care, what could go wrong?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread