HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Any self-employed receivi...

Wed May 20, 2020, 05:03 PM

Any self-employed receiving PUA payments from TWC? I haven't, and a little (lot) confused

After signing up, and applying, I have gotten a letter saying IF I am approved, I will get PUA minimum 207 + the 600.
And then the next day or so an email stating NOT to call or it will cause further delay.

I waited till late April to signup, waiting for them to update their forms. Listened in on a web seminar with TWC guy stating that it should be automatically "kicked in" to the PUA, with no work search requirement. AND that they would be back-dated to beginning of the PUA date (or last work date, one or the other).

Not sure what is going on, or if it will just come eventually. Any corroborating anecdotes welcome, thanks!

2 replies, 397 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Any self-employed receiving PUA payments from TWC? I haven't, and a little (lot) confused (Original post)
Bongo Prophet May 20 OP
MichMan May 20 #1
Bongo Prophet May 20 #2

Response to Bongo Prophet (Original post)

Wed May 20, 2020, 05:21 PM

1. Took me 6 weeks to receive anything in Michigan

They felt it necessary to hold up my 40hr a week unemployment while they investigated a part time summer seasonal job of 6 days a year frpm last summer that only paid me a few hundred dollars. Incompetent dysfunctional system

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MichMan (Reply #1)

Wed May 20, 2020, 05:33 PM

2. It seems to be designed to be opaque and labyrinthine as possible

But aside from guessing intent, it also seems to not provide timely feedback to correct any misunderstanding from the bureaucratic language. This is the first time I have been through this, being a freelancer for a few decades.

And the fact that allowing self-employed and 'gig' workers is so new, it makes it difficult, as one is a square peg trying to fit holes that weren't made for the newer categories.

I will try to be hopeful.

Thanks, for the pov Michman - hope you receive your due asap!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread