HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Capitol protesters demand...

Mon May 25, 2020, 04:57 AM

Capitol protesters demand full Texas reopening immediately

Texas has been easing its restrictions during the coronavirus pandemic in recent weeks, but about 100 Texans rallied at the Capitol on Saturday to say that’s not enough.

“I think instead of keeping Austin weird, we should keep Austin open,” said Dallas salon owner and activist Shelley Luther, a rising national figure in the reopening effort who was among the featured speakers in the Texas Freedom Rally.

The demonstration brought people from across the state who carried signs that proclaimed “Freedom over Fear” and “Virtual Learning ≠ Classroom Learning; Reopen schools this fall!”

On Monday, Gov. Greg Abbott announced that the state was going into phase two of Texas’ reopening plan. Restaurants are now allowed to operate at 50% capacity, and bars, bowling alleys and bingo halls opened Friday at 25% capacity. Youth sports and some professional sports without spectators will be allowed later this month.

Read more: https://www.statesman.com/news/20200523/capitol-protesters-demand-full-texas-reopening-immediately

3 replies, 476 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Capitol protesters demand full Texas reopening immediately (Original post)
TexasTowelie May 25 OP
msongs May 25 #1
dweller May 25 #2
Midnight Writer May 25 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon May 25, 2020, 05:26 AM

1. 100 ppl in a state of millions getting all this attention. shocking nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to msongs (Reply #1)

Mon May 25, 2020, 09:06 AM

2. IKR

they should be made to social distance at,
say 100 miles each, then yell all they want
while the rest of us laugh

✌🏼

Reply to this post

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon May 25, 2020, 02:49 PM

3. Damn, there's a hundred people at the BBQ across the street. I bet they aren't on the news.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread